EEG allows for the measurement
of brain wave patterns.
WAVi collaborative data sharing creates a community working together to improve the brain.
The patented WAVi® headset was developed over 10 years and refined by MOMO Design using Crocs-like material. They are comfortable, portable and extremely user-friendly.
The corresponding WAVi software interprets the data acquired by the headset, distilling the information into actionable insights and meaningful reports. WAVi reports can be read and understood by both clinician and patient.
The WAVi system is easy to use regardless of experience. The system requires just 3 hours of training to be up and running in-clinic.
WAVi’s multi-faceted interface is ideal for tracking brain state changes.
Autonomic Nervous System
- Electroencephalography, or EEG, is the process of measuring the brain’s electrical activity through the scalp.
- The different frequencies of brain waves (alpha, beta, theta, delta) and their amplitudes are assessed.
- WAVi utilizes event-related potentials, or ERPs, to make temporally accurate measurements of brain performance and reactiveness.
- ERPs are well researched markers and provide easy to interpret metrics that are invaluable to health practitioners interested in brain performance. Our platform features both auditory and visual ERPs.
- Heart rate variability, or HRV, is an effective method for measuring the autonomic nervous system.
- Differences between WAVi’s Baseline HRV and HRV Tracking protocols correlate with cardiovascular adaptability.
- Cardiovascular adaptability and fitness can help manage stress and anxiety.
WAVi Research collaborations are pioneering the future of machine learning in medicine.
Headquartered out of Nobel Laureate Tom Cech’s Biofrontiers Institute at the University of Colorado, WAVi Research has created and analyzed data sets that include pre-symptom Alzheimer’s, a 6-year longitudinal concussion study on NCAA athletes, studies on hearing loss and mental function, correlations between heart and brain health, and the effects of interventions on brain performance, including the effects of ADHD medication. Recently, WAVi has been awarded an NIH grant to study acute pain and opioid abuse. WAVi also helps promote its clinicians through open research collaborations made available by the WAVi cloud application.
Sign up to find out how you can help write the next chapter in the story of the field of medicine with the WAVi brain activity test.
REACH OUT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT INCORPORATING WAVi INTO YOUR PRACTICE, PROGRAMS OR RESEARCH
Frequently Asked Questions
All about WAVi
WHAT DOES WAVi DO?
WAVi is a multifaceted brain performance assessment tool. WAVi makes it possible for those who are proactively improving brain health to measure the effectiveness of their efforts.
What is an ERP?
An ERP (or event-related potential) is a measure of brain response. EEG is used to record the brain’s reaction to a novel stimulus such as a sound or image. ERP tests are time locked to a certain stimulus with a very high temporal resolution (down to the millisecond). Having been involved in innumerable clinical research studies over the last 70+ years, ERP tests are well-established metrics.
What is an EEG?
An EEG (or electroencephalogram) is a typically non-invasive method that tracks and records brain wave patterns. Localized brain activity is recorded via a number of metal electrodes. The EEG brain test is an ideal tool for tracking and observing brain state changes.